The renewal of the majority of fixed-term leases need to adhere to the requirements of Section 14 of the Consumer Protection Act? Is your lease renewal procedure compliant?
Did you know, for example, that if you do not send out a 40 – 80 business day letter to the tenant/s, notifying them that the rent will change at the end of the fixed-term lease period (even if the lease is to convert to a month-to-month lease!), then any change in the monthly rental that you implement is non-compliant with the CPA and could be declared invalid and unenforceable?! And . . . the Landlord may be well within their right to claim any loss of rental due to your non-compliance from you!
That’s only one hugely important point that’s covered in this webinar!
We also cover . . .
- Best Practice Guidelines for Lease Renewals
- Section 14 of the Consumer Protection Act and what you need to do to comply
- FICA Requirements at Lease Renewal time
- Landlord & Tenant Communications
- Timeframes & Deadlines
- The Importance of Documenting the Renewal Process
- A Best Practice Renewal Procedure that Ensures Compliance with the CPA
In addition, attendees of this webinar qualify for 50% OFF the normal price of the Best Practice Lease Renewal RentPack that I have developed to help you ensure you are doing the right thing – each and every time you renew a lease!